Connect Backup Plus Hub 6TB Desktop Drive To USB Port(Windows/MAC)
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 6TB
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus Hub 6TB Desktop External Hard Drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 6TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 6TB
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus Hub 6TB Desktop Drive
- Eject Backup Plus 6TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 6TB
Troubleshooting steps for Windows and Macintosh operating system, when Backup Plus Hub 6TB Desktop Drive USB Connection issues.
We recommend you to try the basic troubleshooting steps
- Try to connect your seagate Backup Plus hub 6TB desktop external hard drive to a new port from your existing USB port for Backup Plus Hub 6TB Desktop Drive USB Connection.
- If the above step does not work, try to use a different USB cable for connecting your Backup Plus Hub 6TB hard Drive to the computer.
- Check if the power supply of your computer is good enough to handle the external hard drive.
- Confirm if the driver light is on and not blinking.
- Try connecting your computer to a different wall’s power outlet.
- Connect your computer’s adapter directly to the wall if there is a power strip. (Desktop drives)
- Ensure that the External hub 6TB Backup Plus hub Hard Drive is receiving the sufficient power.
Let us see the additional troubleshooting steps for to Connect Backup Plus Hub 6TB Desktop Drive USB port for Windows and Mac provided as below.
Warning: You may tend to lose data if you fail to disconnect your external hard drive Backup Plus 6TB before you initiate the USB driver reinstallation process.
- Press and hold the Windows key and type the letter R, which opens the Run dialog box for you.
- Type compmgmt.msc in the space provided on the Run box and then press Enter.
- Click the option Device Manager that is located on the left side.
- Confirm if the disk drives are located in the center window and are detected, so that you can continue to the next step.
- Check if the external hard drive is listed under the Disk Drives and right-click it go to the Properties.
- Select Properties and click on the Volumes tab.
- Choose the Populate option to fix Backup Plus Hub 6TB Desktop Drive USB Connection.
- Make note of the disk number provided on the Populate option.
- On your left hand side click on Disk Management.
- Locate the disk number from the center towards the bottom of the window as performed earlier.
- Once the disk number is located, look if it prompts RAW or Unallocated.
- If the drive displays RAW or unallocated, you have already tried connecting your Backup Plus hub 6TB desktop external hard drive to a different port, cable and computer; but you need the data then you will have to look into the data recovery services by contacting our customer support team.
Perform the below steps if you do not find your seagate Backup Plus 6TB desktop hard drive on your desktop or within Finder check disk utility.
- Go to applications, click on Utilities and then click on Disk Utility.
- The drive is located on the left hand side of the window.
- Choose the indented entry for your drive and click on the Mount button found at the top of the Disk Utility.The greying on the indented drive indicates the level of file system corruption.
- Choose the indented entry and then click on the Verify Disk option.
- If the Verify Disk process is completed, the computer will suggest you to repair the disk or will display that the process is complete and there are no issues with the driver.
- If you have created a backup for your existing data, then run the Repair Disk process to check if the file system corruption is resolved.
- If you have not copied your data on another disk or drive, then we put forward you to run a data recovery software on the external hard drive. This will help to retrieve your data inside the drive.
- The type of issue on your external hard drive will be identified only when you run the Repair Disk Process fails to repair the disk. Sometimes reformatting the seagate Backup Plus Hub 6TB hard Drive may also help to resolve the Backup Plus Hub 6TB Desktop Drive USB Connection issue.