When Seagate Backup Plus 3TB External Hard Drive is Busy or in Use.
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Windows will not allow me to safely Eject Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Drive – It reports that the drive is busy or in use.
When you fail to close an action completely, i.e. if you are carrying out a function with your seagate Backup Plus 3TB Desktop hard drive like restoring data or moving data from the Backup Plus external hard drive to your windows, the system may display that the drive is busy or in use.
This can even happen when you are trying to open a program or file from your external hard drive Backup Plus 3TB and it takes the time to open; you remove the hard drive improperly and the next time when you connect, it reports the same error that the drive is busy or in use and you cant able to Eject Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Drive.
One way to resolve this issue is to shut down or restart the computer or remove the drive when the computer is completely in a power down mode which is not highly recommended.
The document below helps you with the best possible solution for the above issue during Eject Backup Plus 3TB Hard Drive.
Warning:When you choose to disable the Recycle Bin, make a note that the temporarily deleted files will be removed permanently and you cannot retain it.
Note: If your hard drive incurs a sudden mechanical or electronic failure, it is difficult to retrieve the existing data in the seagate Backup Plus 3TB drive. This happens even when the drive’s partition is corrupted.
The Seagate Backup Plus 3TB drive is used as a backup drive or a second storage media and contains the second copy of data. Hence it is always recommended to create a secondary backup for your backup external hard drive into a CD, DVD, or an internal hard drive and keep it up-to-date.
The document below helps you with the best possible solution for the cant able to Eject Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Drive.
- To detect the exact issue, connect your seagate desktop external hard drive to another computer. If the problem does not repeat, then it is the issue with your computer and not your drive. If the problem persists with the drive, then continue to the next step.
- Explorer.exe is the file that ensures that the drive is enabled on your computer. But due to the existence of the Recycle Bin, sometimes this file may be removed and does not let the drive to work properly.Hence we recommend you to disable the Recycle Bin. Follow the steps below to delete the recycle bin.
- On your computer desktop, go to the Recycle Bin and right-click on it.
- Choose the option Properties.
- Click the Global tab.
- Instead of Use one setting for all drives, please select Configure drives independently.
- Choose the USB drive letter tab on the top of the window.
- Enable the check mark that is next to the Do not move files to the Recycle Bin checkbox.
- Choose to click OK.
- This option cannot be performed on Windows 7 or Vista.
- Check if your computer does not have Norton System installed and the Recycle Bin is not pointed with an N symbol. If installed and has N letter next to the Recycle bin, the Norton protects it and does not allow the Safely Remove Hardware icon that is located in the system tray to work. Norton is similar to Kaspersky Antivirus that restricts few features that cannot be removed.
- Except Norton, if you have installed any other antivirus software on your computer, it is possible to remove the recycle bin by disabling the antivirus till you complete Recycle Bin deletion.
If you are using a computer that has Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 operating system, do follow the directions below:
- Go to My Computer and right-click on it.
- Choose Manage.
- Click on the Device Manager.
- Click on Disk Drives to open it.
- To know the external hard drive’s model number, double-click on the option displaying the model number.
- Navigate to the Policies tab.
- Confirm if you have set the drive to Optimize for Quick Removal.
- With the above step, Eject Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Drive safely from the computer and does not require to be manually removed from the computer.
- Ensure that you are not using the external hard drive for transferring any data, turn it off and remove at your convenience.
- At this point, there is a slight possibility that the partition may be corrupted when you remove the Backup Plus external hard drive in the previous step during Eject Backup Plus 3TB Hard Drive.
- 11. This will not create any major issue to your hard disk, but yes you may lose the data in it.
- The Safely remove icon on the system tray will not work, if the Windows Media Player Library if it is connected to observe a specific folder on the External hard drive in case of new content.
- Double click on the Media Player to open it.
- Go to Tools from the top menu on Windows Media Player, and then select Options.
- Click on the Library tab.
- Choose the Monitor Folders button.
- Open the Advanced Options.
- Delete the items that identify the drive letter which has been used by the seagate external drive (i.e. E: or F:)
- Make sure that the Windows Media Center is not configured for record shows, podcasts, etc. to the external drive. Because Windows does not allow removing the external hard drive at this point of time.
- Windows does not allow to remove the Seagate desktop Backup Plus 3TB external hard drive if the Windows Indexing Service is enabled. This is because it powers Windows to observe the drive continuously and displays that the drive is still active on your computer even if you Eject Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Drive.
For Windows 7/Vista:
- Go to Windows Start button visible on the left bottom of your computer screen.
- Click Control Panel and then the Programs and Features as specified in the screenshot below.
- Choose the option Turn Windows features on or off.
- Verify if the checkmark next to the Indexing Service is unchecked. If it is unchecked continue to the next step, else uncheck it and click OK to continue.
- Go to My Computer from your computer’s Desktop and double-click on it to open.
- Right-click on your external hard drive’s drive letter (for example, E:) and Choose Properties.
- Remove the checkmark that is next to the Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties box.
- Try to do the Safe Removal and check if you are able to Eject Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Drive successfully.
If the issue still persists while performing Eject Backup Plus 3TB Hard Drive, we recommend you to contact our technical support team for troubleshooting steps.
For Windows XP:
- Go to the Start menu that is situated on the left bottom side of your computer screen and click on it.Click Control Panel and then Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Ensure that the checkmark next to the Indexing Service is unchecked.
- Click OK once you uncheck the Indexing Service box if the checkmark is enabled.Access the content in the next listed folder PCname (this is the name of your computer through which the backup was run).
- To open My Computer, double-click on it, and then to choose Properties, right-click on the external drive’s drive letter (for example, E:).The Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for the fast file searching option should be unchecked.
- Confirm if it is unchecked, if not remove the checkmark next to the option.Retry the Safe Removal icon to remove your external hard drive successfully.
- If you are using a Seagate Pocket drive, the Pocket drive updates the free space of the drive and other information which provides an easy view for the users.
- Steps to Eject Backup Plus 3TB Hard Drive in the Toolkit or come out the Toolkit software:
- From your System Tray, right-click on the Toolkit icon
- Select Exit to completely remove the drive from the computer to fix Seagate Backup Plus 3TB desktop External Hard drive issues..
- Implementing all the above Eject Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Drive steps will release the drive and allow you to safely remove the drive successfully.