- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Bootable USB not Booting
Steps to fix SeaTools USB not Booting Issue
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 5TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 5TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 5TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 5TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 5TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 5TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 5TB
SeaTools Bootable is a diagnostic tool used to test hard drives on your computer. The SeaTools Bootable needs a USB Flash drive with the storage capacity not less than 256 MB and not larger than 32 GB. Also, the SeaTools Bootable USB Flash drive must be formatted to FAT32.
To examine any drive on your computer, you must restart your computer with the SeaTools Bootable USB Flash drive loaded on it. But while restarting, if the SeaTools Bootable USB not Booting, then you can follow the solutions given below to fix the issue.
If the SeaTools Bootable USB not booting while restarting the computer, then it might be due to the boot sequence on your computer. You can set this in the BIOS settings. Follow the steps given below to make the required changes in the BIOS settings.
- To make changes to the Boot sequence, first, you have to enter the BIOS settings on your computer.
- When your computer starts, you might see a message on the screen to press a particular key or key sequence to enter the BIOS setup.
- Watch carefully and press the key or key sequence accordingly. This key or key sequence may differ based on the motherboard on your computer.
- Also, if the keys to enter the BIOS setup are not pressed, the computer will boot with the internal hard drive of your computer within a few seconds.
- Once you enter the BIOS setup or the System Setup, navigate to the Boot menu using the arrow keys.
- Then, under Boot Device Priority, set the SeaTools Bootable USB Flash drive as the first priority.
- Save the changes before you exit the BIOS Setup.
- Now you will be able to boot using your SeaTools Bootable USB Flash drive and examine the health of the drive on your computer.
If the SeaTools Bootable USB Flash drive does not boot even after making changes in the BIOS Setup on your computer, then proceed to the next solution.
When you have set your SeaTools Bootable USB Flash drive as the boot device, and still, if it does not boot, then check the USB port on your computer. If the USB port in which the SeaTools Bootable USB Flash drive is faulty, or if the driver for the USB port is not updated, then the Flash drive may not be detected, and so the Flash drive may not boot. So, insert the SeaTools Bootable USB Flash drive in another working USB port on your computer and try to boot.