- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Freeagent Desk 1tb Is Not Working
Seagate Freeagent Desk 1tb Not Working
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
After you connect the Seagate Freeagent Desk 1TB drive to your computer, if the system does not detect the drive or you cannot access the data on the drive, it denotes that the drive is not working. Consider the below measures to solve Seagate Freeagent desk 1tb not working issue.
- Connect the drive to some other USB port on the computer, or else change the USB cable and see if the computer can detect the drive.
- Check if the drive’s indicator light is glowing; if it is not, then look if the power connection of the drive is stable and working.
- Connect the Seagate drive to some other device, and if the device detects, there is an issue with the computer, not the drive.
For Windows system:
- Open the Device Manager program using the Search bar on the desktop.
- Navigate to the Disk Drives section and search for the Seagate drive name. After that, right-click the name and choose Properties.
- In the Volumes tab, select the Populate menu and then click Disk Management on the left panel to view the status of the drive.
- In case the drive shows “Unallocated,” then the drive is facing an issue. Format the drive to fix it.
- Make sure to create a backup of the drive data and reformat the drive.
- After you format, check the status of the drive and right-click on it. Select Change drive letter or path.
- Choose a letter and click the Add menu to assign a new drive letter.
- Sometimes, the drive does not get detected by the system.
- Find any unknown storage icon or name, right-click on it, and click Properties.
- Go to the Device Status menu in the General tab and find what the error code is. If your Seagate Freeagent desk 1tb not working issue is not resolved yet, then click the call button available on the screen.