- Seagate Support »
- Connect Seagate Central Directly to computer
How to Connect Seagate Central Directly to Pc?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Central is a storage device that can backup all your data in a single device and helps you to stream all the contents on the drive when connected over a wireless network. Consider the steps given below that how to connect Seagate Central directly to pc.
Step 1: Initial connections
- Make sure to unpack the printer properly before connecting it to your PC.
- Connect the power adaptor cord to the backport of the printer and the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Connect the Ethernet cable in the package to the right port of the Seagate Central on the rear side, and the other end of the Ethernet cable to the wireless router.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network using the correct network credentials.
Step 2: Connecting to your computer
Setup on a Windows computer
- Go to the official Seagate website. Select the Seagate Central hard drive and navigate to the Setup page.
- Click Start Here button for Windows to begin the installation process.
- Open Windows Explorer and locate the Seagate hard drive.
- In the left window, find the hard drive under the Network section.
- Select the Seagate Central to display the contents on it.
- Open the public folder on the hard drive and double-click on the Manage Seagate Central shortcut to open the Manage Central Seagate page.
- Accept the license agreement and navigate to the Personalize page.
- Enter a username, password, and email address to activate your account. Then, click Done.
- You will get a confirmation email for registration in your email account. Click on the link in the email to activate and register your account.
- The Getting Started with Seagate Central page will be displayed on the screen.
- You can view the confirmation message, and other features of the Seagate Central drive on the Getting Started page.
- Click on the Skip Getted button to navigate to the Seagate Central Assistant main page. You can view your recent activities and other options.
Perform the following steps that how to connect seagate central directly to pc.
On a Mac computer
- Here, the following steps that how to connect seagate central directly to pc.
- Launch the official Seagate Central Setup page. Click on the Apple Start Here button.
- Use the Mac Finder tool to find the Seagate Central on your network.
- Click on the Seagate drive on the left panel in the All My Files window.
- Double-click on the Public folder and select the shortcut for the Manage Central page to open it.
- Read the Seagate End User License Agreement to accept it.
- Enter your information and email address to register your account. Then, click on the Done button.
- Open your email account and locate the Seagate email you have received. Click on the link in the confirmation email to activate your account.
- Once connected, you can now stream all your data from your computer.
Direct connection to computer:
- To connect directly, plug in the Ethernet cable to the computer and Seagate Central.
- You can follow the above procedure how to connect Seagate Central directly to pc.