- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Hard Drive to the Router
How to Connect Seagate Hard Drive to the Router?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Nowadays, several routers come with a USB port that enables the user to share a USB storage device to your Local Area Network. You will find how to access your USB storage device.
Most of the routers that are coming out at present will easily recognize any connected hard drive. One most important thing is to check with the router settings, whether the File sharing option is enabled. You can check that by logging in to the router page using the default login credentials. Depending on the router, you will have access to all the other options. Carry out these below-mentioned steps how to Connect Seagate hard drive to the router.
Follow the steps as we walk you through the secure connection.
- Make sure the router is turned on.
- If the router has a USB port, things are more straightforward for you.
- Take out the Seagate hard drive along with the USB port connected to the device.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the USB port on the router.
- The router will have a USB light, so once you have connected the device, you can see the light turning green on the router.
- If you further wish to check if the connection is made, simply log in to the router configuration page from the web browser.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the router IP address in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Enter the default login credentials to gain access to the router configuration page.
- Username- admin
- Password- admin
- On the left pane of the router page, click the USB settings option.
- You will see the Seagate hard drive connected to the router. You find the status as active and the hard drive capacity.
- Follow these steps we can execute that how to Connect Seagate hard drive to the router.
Additionally, you can access the Seagate hard drive connected to the router with your standard Android phone.
- You will need to use a third-party application like a file explorer.
- Make sure to download ES File Explorer from the Google play store app.
- Open Play Store, and in the search bar, type ES File Explorer and tap the search button.
- The page with the file explorer will open, tap the Install button and the file will be downloaded to the smartphone.
- Open the ES File Explorer, and on the left side of the screen, you will see a list of icons.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon and enable the toggle switch for the WLAN option.
- The LAN page will open on the ES File Explorer screen.
- Tap the Scan button at the bottom of the screen and wait for the scan to complete. You will see the USB drive in the scan result.
- Click on the icon to view the folders on your USB drive.
If you having any further queries regarding how to Connect Seagate hard drive to the router. Click the call button available on the screen.