- Seagate Support »
- Format Seagate Backup Plus To Fat32
Formatting Seagate Backup Plus To Fat32
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive comes preformatted in the exFAT format. This supports both Windows and Mac operating systems. You can format the external hard drive to another file format according to your usage.
There are several methods for formatting your Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive to FAT32 format. One of the methods is using the Seagate DiscWizard software.
The Seagate DiscWizard software helps you with all the functionalities of your Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive. The latest version of Seagate DiscWizard available is Version: 23.0.22800. You can download and install the Seagate DiscWizard software from the Seagate support website. Now, after installing the Seagate DiscWizard on your computer, follow the below steps to format Seagate Backup Plus to FAT32 file format.
Follow the below steps to format your Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive to FAT32 format using Seagate DiscWizard.
- Launch the Seagate DiscWizard software on your computer.
- Plug in your Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive to your computer using a USB cable.
- Select the Tools menu on the DiscWizard home page.
- From the Tools menu, choose the Add New Disk option.
- The Add New Disk Wizard will open on your computer.
- In the Add New Disk Wizard, the Disk selection tab will list you the available external drives. it.
- From the list of drives, select your Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive.
- Now, from the Initialization options steps, select the radio button near the Initialize disk in the MBR layout option.
- The next step in the Add New Disk Wizard will prompt you to create partitions. To create a partition, select the Unallocated checkbox and then click the Create new partition button at the top.
- In the next window, you can make all the partition settings.
- In that partition settings window, under the File System header, select FAT32 from the drop-down list.
- Now, click the Accept button and close the partition settings.
- Finally, click the Next button and follow it by clicking on the Proceed button.
- The disk formatting will be done, and your Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive will be ready for use in the FAT32 format.
- You can contact our technical experts if you have no idea on how to Format Seagate Backup Plus To Fat32.