- Seagate Support »
- Format The Seagate NAS Drive
How to Format Seagate NAS Drive?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 2TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 2TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 2TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 2TB
How To format Seagate NAS drive, make use of the instructions given below:
- First, you have to log in to the router.
- Open your web browser and type in 192.168.0.1. as the URL.
- Mostly, the username will be admin. The password is also admin.
- Now, log in to the router.
- On the left side, go to DHCP Settings. Then, click the DHCP Client List.
- You will see a list of all the devices with the respective IP addresses under the title DHCP Client List.
- To log into NAS, you have to open a new tab in your Chrome.
- Next, copy the Seagate IP address and paste it in the Search box.
- When the website opens, enter the MAC address in the Search box of the website.
- Now, you can log in to the NAS OS.
You will find the following three options that how to format Seagate NAS drive:
- Recover data
- Restore to factory settings
- Format the drives and install NAS OS
- If you want to recover the data and then format the NAS drive, choose the Recover data radio button. This will prevent the loss of data.
- Otherwise, you can just select the radio button next to the Format the drives and install NAS OS option.
- You will see the following screen: Welcome to the Seagate NAS OS Installer
- Now, click the Start button. The next screen that displays will be: Review the statement below and check the box to continue.
- So, select the checkbox next to the line mentioned above. Then, click the Next button.
- You will see the Formatting the drives and installing the latest version of NAS OS message on your screen.
- Using these steps that how to format Seagate NAS drive.
You will have to wait for some time while your Seagate NAS drive gets formatted.