- Seagate Support »
- Partition Seagate External Hard Disk
How To Partition Seagate External Hard Disk In Windows?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Here, we discussed about how to partition Seagate external hard disk in windows computer.
- Seagate External Hard Disk helps you to store and access all your data in one place. You can create different types of partitions on this external hard disk by using your device utility.
- In Windows, there is a feature called Disk Management that lets you partition the Seagate external hard drive.
- To create a new partition using the Disk Management feature, select and right-click the volume.
- Select the New Simple Volume option.
- Perform the instructions displayed on the screen to create the partition.
How To Partition Seagate External Hard Disk In Windows 10
This section will explain to you how to create a new partition on Seagate External Hard Disk in Windows 10 using Disk Management and the EaseUS Partition Master software.
- Initially, connect your hard disk to your Windows 10 computer.
- Make sure that the hard disk is recognized by the computer.
- Follow these steps on how to Partition Seagate external hard disk in Windows.
Partition Using Disk Management in Windows 10
- On your computer, click the This PC option followed by Manage.
- Select the Disk Management option in the Manage window.
- Right-click on the Seagate External Hard Disk.
- Click the Shrink Volume… option.
- In the given field, enter the amount of space you wish to shrink.
- Click the Shrink button.
- Now, go to the unallocated space and right-click on it.
- Select the New Simple Volume… option.
- Now, a wizard titled New Simple Volume Wizard will open up.
- Enter the volume size and click the Next button.
- Format the partition (NTFS) after assigning a drive letter.
- Complete the partition process by clicking the Finish button.
- Perform these steps on how to Partition Seagate external hard disk in Windows.
Partition Using EaseUS Partition Master
- Download and install the EaseUS Partition Master application on your Windows 10 computer.
- After installing the partition application, launch it on your computer.
- Go to your external storage device section and right-click on its unallocated space.
- Click the Create option.
- Now, a dialog box titled Create will open.
- Fill the fields partition label, file system, create as, drive letter, and custom size, and then click OK.
- Click the Execute Operation button followed by Apply.
- The new partition will be created successfully on your Seagate External Hard Disk.
- Using these steps on how to Partition Seagate external hard disk in Windows.
How To Partition Seagate External Hard Disk In Windows 7
- Make sure that your Seagate external hard drive is connected to your Windows 7 computer.
- Now, click the Start menu.
- Select the Control Panel option.
- Click the System and Security link.
- Navigate to the Administrative Tools section.
- Select the Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions option.
- Now, a window titled Disk Management will open.
- In this window, you can find a list of the drivers installed on your computer.
- Right-click on the unallocated space of your external drive.
- Choose the New Volume option.
- Perform the prompts displayed on the screen and create the new partition.
- After entering all information, click the Finish button.
- If you wish to format the partition, click the OK button twice to begin the format process.
- If you need a remote assistance on how to Partition Seagate external hard disk in Windows. Click the call button available on the screen.