- Seagate Support »
- Ntfs For Mac
How To Use Seagate Ntfs For Mac?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate drivers can be used to read and write data into the Seagate external drives. If your Seagate drive is NTFS formatted, then it will work fine on Windows computers, but for it to connect to a Mac device, you must install the NTFS driver on your Mac device. Having the NTFS driver on your Mac device permits you to use your Seagate external hard drive on Mac without reformatting the hard drive. carry out the below-mentioned steps how to use Seagate ntfs for mac.
- First, connect the Seagate NTFS hard drive to your Mac computer.
- Then, install the Paragon driver file on your Mac computer.
- Once you successfully install the driver file, try to perform the read or write option.
- If you are unable to perform the read and write operation, then reformat the driver using the Disk Utility tool.
- Then, perform the read and write operation with the Seagate NTFS driver.
Connect the Seagate driver to your Mac computer
- Using a USB cable, connect the hard drive to your Mac computer.
- After connecting, open the Application window on your Mac computer.
- Click the Utilities option, followed by Disk Utility.
- Check if your Seagate driver is listed on the driver’s list.
- If yes, the hardware connectivity process is done successfully.
- Follow these steps we can execute that how to use seagate ntfs for mac.
Install the Seagate NTFS driver file on your Mac computer
- First, download the Seagate NTFS driver file from the official site of Seagate.
- After download, open the downloaded driver file on your Mac computer to begin the installation process.
- Make sure to keep the hard drive connected to your Mac computer during the driver file installation process.
- Perform the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation process.
- After completing the installation process, you can perform the read and write operation.
Able to read, but not write:
- If you are unable to write data in your Seagate NTFS drive from the Mac computer, then reformat the driver as discussed below.
- First, back up all files stored on your Seagate NTFS drive.
- Open Disk Utility and select the NTFS drive.
- Click the Erase tab.
- Choose the Mac OS Extended option from the Format drop-down menu.
- Now, click the Erase button.
- Wait for your hard drive to reformat.
- Once it is completed, read and write files on the Seagate NTFS drive as per your need.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to use seagate ntfs for mac.