- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Backup Plus Error 43
Seagate Backup Plus Error-Code 43
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 2TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 2TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 2TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 2TB
The error message of the Seagate Backup Plus drive with the error code 43 denotes that the Windows system driver and the Seagate driver cannot communicate with each other. Sometimes, the physical damage of the drive can also be the reason for the error. Fix the Seagate backup plus error code 43 with the following steps.
A quality USB cable:
- When connecting the Seagate driver to the computer, use a standard, good quality USB cable.
- Please do not connect the USB cable to a USB hub or switch, instead, connect it directly to the computer’s USB port.
Test the Seagate tools:
- Check the drive tools for the Windows system using the SeaTools program. If the diagnosis fails, then replace the drive with a new one.
- On the Windows device, go the Start menu and select the All Programs menu.
- Click the Seagate option. Following that, choose Seagate Tools for Windows.
- Now, continue to perform the test to run the tools.
Run a Checkdisk:
- Perform a CheckDisk for the Windows system, press the Win and the X keys together to open the Disk Management window.
- Right-click on the Seagate hard drive partition and choose Properties.
- In the Seagate Properties window, navigate to the Tools tab and click the Check now button to start scanning the disk.
Update USB driver:
- The USB drivers on the computer may be out of date, therefore download and install a new version of the USB driver.
- You can contact our technical experts if you have no idea on how to fix Seagate backup plus error code 43.