- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2tb Stopped Working
Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2tb Stopped Working
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
If the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB portable external drive has stopped working or is not detected on your computer all of a sudden, then perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to fix the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2tb Stopped Working.
Check the power supply:
- The initial check is to make sure that the Seagate external drive is adequately powered.
- Check whether the lights on the drive are lit up when connected to the power outlet.
- If not, remove the power cord and reconnect it.
- Use another recommended power cord to provide the power supply.
Check the USB connection:
- Check the USB cable used to connect the hard drive and the computer.
- Sometimes, the USB port on the computer might be faulty, so connect the drive to other USB ports, or if possible, connect the drive to another computer.
- Replace the existing USB cable with a new one.
- Also, if your computer has any other USB device connected to it, then remove the other USB devices and check whether the external hard drive is being detected.
- If possible, restart your computer once and check the status of the drive.
- Follow these steps we can execute that to fix the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2tb Stopped Working.
Check the Device Manager (Windows):
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key and type compmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Select the Disk Manager option in the left section.
- If the external drive is detected, then right-click on it and select Properties; under the Volumes tab, click Populate and note down the disk number.
- Now click the Disk Management option in the left-section and locate the disk drive number. Inspect the health of the drive. If it shows RAW or Unallocated, then you have to format the drive.
- Else, if it shows a format like NTFS along with the drive capacity, and drive letter, then the drive is well-formatted. Click the Add button to add the disk drive to your computer.
- If the drive is not detected in the Device Manager window, then click the Disk Management option on the left side.
- Check for entries like unknown device, other device, mass storage device, or a yellow warning icon.
- Right-click on any of the options seen and select Properties.
- Locate the Device Status option for any error code. If an error code is seen, then close the Properties window, right-click the warning icon or device name, and select Uninstall.
- Then detach the hard drive and restart the computer.
- Again, when the computer is on, connect the hard drive to it. The drivers will be installed automatically.
- By using these steps we can execute that to fix the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2tb Stopped Working.