- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Barracuda 2tb Not Recognized
Seagate Barracuda 2tb Not Working
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Here’s Seagate Barracuda 2TB not working, carry out the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods.
- First, unplug the Seagate Barracuda 2TB hard drive from the connected computer.
- Reconnect it using a standard USB cable.
- If it fails to work or detect, try connecting it to a different computer or using another USB cable.
- If the problem persists, move on to the next method to rectify the problem.
- On your Windows desktop, press the Windows + R shortcut keys to open the Run panel.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” in the text field and click the OK button.
- In the Device Manager window, click the View menu and select the Show hidden devices option.
- Make sure that you have connected the Seagate Barracuda 2TB hard drive to the computer.
- Click the ’plus’ icon to expand all the entries.
- Check for the greyed entries from the displayed list.
- After selecting those greyed entries, right-click on them and choose the Uninstall button.
- Next, restart your computer and check if you could access the Seagate Barracuda 2TB hard drive.
- Using these steps we can execute that how to fix the Seagate Barracuda 2TB not working.
- Connect your hard drive to the computer before troubleshooting the device.
- On your Windows, click the Start menu and type “devmgmt.msc” in the search panel.
- Press the Enter key to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click the Universal Serial Bus controllers tab and check for the unrecognized hard drive.
- Right-click the unrecognized hard drive and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Driver tab and select the Uninstall button seen at the bottom-left of the window.
- Next, double-click on the My Computer icon in the desktop and check if the Seagate Barracuda hard drive is recognized.
- If the problem persists, open the Run panel again and type “diskmgmt.msc” in the text box.
- Press the Enter button to open Disk Management.
- Change the drive name for the Seagate Barracuda hard drive by clicking the Change drive letter option.
- Select a new drive letter and click the Change button to resolve the problem.
- If prompted, click the OK button to confirm your action.
- Follow these steps we can execute that how to fix the Seagate Barracuda 2TB not working.
- On your Windows, click the Start menu and type “regedt32” in the search panel.
- Press the Enter button to open the Windows Registry Editor as an administrator.
- Alternatively, open the Run panel by clicking the Windows + R shortcut keys and type “Regedt32” in the text box.
- Click the File tab and choose the Export option from the drop-down list to back up your registry.
- Navigate to the left-side panel and select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, followed by SYSTEM.
- From the expanded folder, select the CurrentControl folder, followed by Set.
- Select Control and then Class.
- Click the 4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 option and go to the right-side panel.
- Delete the upper or lower filters and check if the problem is resolved.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to fix the Seagate Barracuda 2TB not working.