- Seagate Support »
- The Fatal Device Hardware Error
Seagate The Fatal Device Hardware Error Occurs
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 2TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 2TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 2TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 2TB
The Fatal hardware error occurs when the drive is physically damaged or due to a logical error. You can easily resolve the Seagate the Fatal Device hardware error easily. Resolve the Seagate Fatal Device Hardware error by performing the troubleshooting methods one-by-one discussed below.
- Check the connectivity between the driver and your system.
- Check the Seagate hardware’s status via SMART.
- Checking the bad sectors and repairing it if required.
- Reformatting & Initializing the Seagate disk.
- Replacing the defective hard drive if required.
Check the connectivity between the driver and your system
- Make sure that the Seagate hardware and your system are connected properly.
- Check if the USB cable is damaged.
- If so, replace the damaged USB cable with a new one.
- Try connecting the USB cable to other ports available on your system.
Checking The Seagate Hardware’s Status Via Smart
- SMART helps to identify your hard drive’s working conditions. You have to use the Windows Management Instrumentation Command-LIne (WMIC) tool to use the SMART.
- On your Windows system, launch the Command Prompt terminal.
- Type the wmic diskdrive get status command in the cmd window.
- Press the Enter button. The result of the status will be displayed as the OK, Bad, Unknown, or Caution command.
- If the result is OK, then you can resolve it easily.
- If the result is Unknown, Caution, or Bad, then you have to perform the data recovery process on your hard drive.
- To get more remote assistance in resolving the Seagate Fatal device hardware error, click the Call button available on this screen.