- Seagate Support »
- Fix: Error Code 43 For USB
Seagate Hard Drive Error Code 43
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate hard drive error code 43 interrupts on two occasions.
Scenario 1 – When your Windows computer has lost communication with the Seagate hard drive.
Scenario 2 – When the Seagate hard drive is crashed.
- The troubleshooting instructions to resolve the Seagate hard drive error code 43 are given on this web page.
- If you use a desktop computer, connect the Seagate hard drive directly to its USB port on the rear side without the need for a USB hub or switch.
- If you use a notebook computer, try to use a different USB port.
- If needed, replace the old USB cable with a new one.
- Establish the connection between the notebook computer and the Seagate hard drive using the new USB cable.
- Now, check if the Seagate HDD error code 43 has been resolved.
- If not, proceed with the instructions mentioned below.
- Using these steps we can proceed the seagate hard drive error code 43.
- Download, install, and start the SeaTools program on your Windows computer.
- Choose the Seagate hard drive and then proceed with the on-screen guidelines to test the drive.
Windows Disk error check:
- Windows 8 – Hold the Win and X keys together on the keyboard.
- Windows 7/Vista/XP – Go to Windows Explorer, right-click the My Computer tab on the left panel, and select the Manage option.
- Click the Disk Management option, right-click the partition box of the Seagate hard drive, and choose the Properties option.
- This will open the Seagate Properties dialog box on the screen.
- Go to the Tools tab and then click the Check Now button.
Update USB drivers:
- Go to Control Panel and select the Hardware option followed by the Device Manager option.
- Select the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option and choose the USB component that you want to update.
- Right-click the selected USB component, select the Update Driver Software option, and perform the rest of the prompts that display on the screen.
- This will update the USB drivers on the Windows computer.
- Now, check if the error code 43 has been cleared.
- If needed, get assistance by clicking the Call button.
- Our technical experts will help you in resolving the Seagate hard drive error code 43.